Community Benefits Agreement
" a legally binding agreement between a developer and the community representatives working on a project"
How does Proposal R factor in?
Proposal R is the ordnance on the ballot for August 4th!
A Community Benefits Agreement (CBA) is a legal requirement of any potential developer and Proposal R.
In a township with a $1.6 million operating budget, this new revenue will drastically increase the ability for the township and its residents by providing new opportunities. This industry also allows for additional licensing municipal fees, which will 100% go to the Township.
Benefits for Township Residents
- Jobs for the township residents as a first priority, GUARANTEED
- Part-time and full-time positions
- Up to 100 jobs available starting at $15/ hour
Potential Revenue for Royal Oak Township
- Annual License fee = $5,000 per license
- No more than 7 license = $35,000/yr
- Excise Taxes
- Increases Commercial Property Tax
- Excise taxes are additional taxes
- an additional 10% is places on recreational marihuana
- 15% of that revenue will go back to Royal Oak Township through the State of Michigan
We're Ready, Let's Talk.
Vote Yes on Proposal R Paid for by Invest in Royal oak Township.
10550 West Eight Mile Rd, Ferndale, MI 48220, with regulated funds.